Web design by
|| Owned by Alison
and Rudi Geissler since 1976, this spacious, elegant Victorian house
is situated in the rural hamlet of Birkby, approximately two miles
north of Maryport, just off the A596. Originally built in 1850 for
retired master mariner Captain Joseph Cuthbertson as his "retreat"
from the sea, this grade II listed building retains all the original
features that one would expect in a spacious elegant house, but with
the added comforts of the 21st century.
The Retreat, Birkby, Maryport, Cumbria CA15 6RG
Telephone: +44 (0)1900 814056 - E-mail: email@example.com